Archaeological Park of Belmaco

Domingo Van de Valle de Cervello, the military governor in La Palma Island, found here, by chance, the first petroglyphs located in the Canaries, in 1752.

The archaeological complex is formed by 10 natural room caves and one rock engraving group, and since 1984 they are named as a Historic and Artistic Monument.

The exhibition and interpretation rooms have some mock-ups, photographic documents, multimedia elements and archaeological replicas, complementing the walk around the cave with the help of informative panels, not only for the engraving, but also for the plants and animals found in the area.

The Archaeological Park has also a handicraft shop with La Palma Island products.